Sunday, August 07, 2011

Yesterday's aspirations...

I got a portion of the house cleaned yesterday.  Heck (1), it was Saturday, and I have the right to relax somewhat.

photo by niningmilo
Basically, the mountain of laundry that was threatening to taking over the bedroom was folded and put away, giving an amazing amount of floor space.  The collection of diaper boxes that I've been saving for the  next time we move was put into storage.  And I think I know where I can find a hammer so I can hang new photos of the family on the walls, so it doesn't look like we're only visiting (I hadn't committed to stay here yet, but it looks like we may be here for a while).

Image: Louisa Stokes / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The living room is still strewn with toys, and I'm ok with that.  The sink has dishes in it, but I'll deal with that shortly, after I get chicken stew going in the crock pot for dinner tonight (2).  And I won't be walking anywhere soon, as I'm so darn sore through my hips and pelvis from all the exercise I have been getting (3).  Not to mention, being awakened in the middle of the night by a very amorous DH (4).

The sun is shining.  The crows are cawing.  And though it hasn't gotten overly hot outside yet, I suspect I should water my tomatoes and squash... they aren't ready yet, but when they are, they will be delicious.  That is, if I can stop them from being destroyed by pests (5).

On the very bright side, the toilet is working again!  Yay DH. you are my hero!


1) I'm so proud of myself for controlling my cursing!
2) We ate a fantastic homegrown chicken last night, and the leftovers will feed the family again tonight.
3) Being 6 months pregnant only 16 months after giving birth really stinks at times.
4) Like I'm going to turn down that kind of fun!
5) Aphids are my current mortal enemy.  I could really do without them.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! The photos are so sweet! Like the title too!
    I'm a new follower from the hop! Hope you'll hop by and visit my blog too!
    Have a great week!
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...