Thursday, July 07, 2011

Bad parenting

Everywhere I look the last few days, I see comments about the Casey Anthony trial.

I'll be honest, it's not something I've followed outside of what I've seen on the covers of the supermarket tabloids... being a 'foreigner' and all, I get to deal with the delights of my own country (such as how Quebec snubbed Prince William and his new bride).

The snippets I have read, though, have horrified me.

I'll plead my ignorance right here, I haven't researched anything I'm about to repeat, so if I'm way off, I apologise.

What I've heard (in a nutshell):

Casey waited 31 days before reporting her daughter missing.   WTF?  I'm not going to wait 31 minutes if I can't track down one of the Sprogs!

That she blamed her father for disposing of her child's body.  Again, WTF??

That she went out dancing, got a tattoo that translates to "life is good", and other inappropriate life choices for someone who's own flesh and blood is missing...

I do not comprehend this in the least.  This goes beyond bad parenting... it makes me question the humanity of Casey Anthony.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...