Tuesday, July 05, 2011

What a way to wake up

I'm pretty sure we've established that I don't do well in the morning.

So why is it that when I get up, that I suddenly become responsible for cleaning up the puke that Munchkin has sprayed across the carpet in her bedroom?  Like I'm the only responsible adult in this house?

Right in the doorway is a pile of puke, very dilute, and who knows how long it's been there.  Munchkin is independent enough that she figures she can hold her own running to the bathroom.  She just didn't quite make it last night.

Is this the beginning of a household epidemic?  I sure as hell hope not.  The last thing I need is for the whole brood to be destroying the carpets.  Luckily for me, I was able to pull out the carpet cleaner to remove the offending mess, but not without offending my delicate sensibilities.

Puke is just gross.

After assuring us she was completely fine, Munchkin quickly ended a family outing to the swimming pool by spraying vomit all over the lobby.

Did I clean it up?  Hell no.  When I left, they were still searching for a mop bucket.  In my defence, though, I did warn several individuals and prevented further issues.  Munchkin was pretty upset, both she and Sunshine were looking forward to the outing, but hell, we have all summer.

DH and I packed everyone up back into the car, headed home, and are happy to spend the afternoon just chillin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...