Friday, July 01, 2011

National Holiday!

Canada Day (Dominion Day) today, and do you think I got up early?  Hell, no!  The little Sprog slept in until 8:30, then we wrestled until his Dad woke up.  At which point I get to pawn him off, and head to the bathroom on my own.

The lad isn't really a Sprog, but it's always entertaining to see which nickname rolls off the tongue the quickest when he wakes me up in the morning.

It's July- summer, to be precise.  Where is the hot weather?  Rain yesterday, rain today.  Last year, it was unbearably hot.  This year... it's become a intolerable breeding ground for mosquitoes.

Dump your standing water, people; do us all a favour and reduce the amount of blood I'm forced to donate each year.  It's much appreciated.

Obviously, this is a new blog.  First post, in fact.  While I'm not new to blogging, this is going to be a bit of an adventure for me... fewer restraints, and hopefully out from under the shadow of those who would condemn me.

Who are those who would condemn me?

Well, they would include a few select individuals whom I've had the displeasure of dealing with in the past, who have felt the superiority to not only judge me, but also lie to me, and spread lies about me.

I'm a big believer in truth.  You'll find that about me.

With the exception of using my real name here, of course... you can call me Devyn.  It suits me more than you could know.

Who am I?

I'm Canadian, fall under the catagory of being married, have kids (some of which are technically mine, others that I just claim as mine, and still others that I just provide care for... I don't diferentiate between them).  I don't think I'm going to work any more... kids are enough work.  And I seem to be incredibly fertile, despite the miracles of modern medicine (ie. contraception).

In a perfect world, I would have a job that consisted of mindless labour, that required me to work graveyard shift.

No early mornings.

But it's not a perfect world.  And I'm certainly not perfect.

It's generally good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...