Monday, July 04, 2011

Monday Mingle - All About Parenting

Today's post is brought to you by:
Visit Eighty MPH Mom for her Monday Mingle Blog Hop


1.  What do you do when your child refuses to eat what you made for dinner?

It depends on the severity of their dislike; if it's so bad that they're likely to vomit all over their plate, fine, they can skip it.  But... no whining that they're still hungry after (because there are always other options at my dinner table).  If it's just that they're being picky, they have to suck it up... no desert, and nothing later if they're just irritating me.  Luckily, most of my kids are pretty good, and I try not to be too unreasonable... yes, I will slice up and peel apples, even remove crusts from bread.

2.  How do you handle a grumpy kid in the store?

You're going out to the car - now.  And if it's in the middle of grocery shopping, chances are, no one is going to be happy if someone forces the whole trip to end.  We all want to be able to eat in our house.

3.  Why is being a mom (or dad) the best thing ever?

Because my kids love me, and I love them (most of the time)... it's really cute when they make me cards that say "you're my favourite", etc.  I love knowing that despite being a less-than-perfect person, my kids think I rock, and I love them despite how much they can irritate me at times.

1 comment:

  1. Loved your answers. Similar to mine except how you handle the grumpy kids at the store. My kids don't seem to understand that if I halt the trip, they don't get to eat. None of us get to eat. I don't want to give them that much control. :)

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...