Saturday, July 23, 2011

Damn you, toilet bowl!

We spent a couple days away from home, and all managed to survive.

Shortly after we returned home, a new issue came to light...

Now, I don't know if it's the result of one too many goldfish heading south, DH's missing key fob, or perhaps the fact that what was previously a full box of q-tips is now startingly empty, but...

The toilet is not flushing.

It tries, honestly, it does, but then the water level gets higher, and whatever random floaties that were just deposited come fearfully close to flooding onto the floor...

Why? Why me? DH is often too busy to deal with these kinds of household issues during the day (when toilet useage is at an all time high), so I'm often the one scrambling to grab the plunger to err, get things moving again.

I'm just waiting for the moment when I hear someone yell "Mo-om!" accompanied by the random splashing of sewage water...

I'll keep at it for another day, then I'll head to the hardward store for a new wax seal, and heft that baby out of the floor, stick my hand in, and find out what the issue is...

Not my favourite thing to do, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...